BOOKING: Terms and conditions.
The Red House is operated by the Albrighton Village Halls Trust; a group of volunteer trustees who are committed to the provision of quality facilities for the benifit of the community.
Facilities can be booked seven days a week, daytime and evening. Some Bank Holiday hirings are also offered.
- Regular weekly/monthly hire:
Usually used by groups and clubs, we accept bookings up to twelve months in advance. Full fees are payable in full, four weeks in advance of the booking. For regular hires where fees are paid three months in advance a 10% discount will be applied,
Cancellation We require a minimum of two weeks notice of cancellation otherwise full fee is chargable
- Occasional Hires:
A non-refundable deposit of 25% must be paid at the time of booking. The remaining fee must be paid in full 4 weeks before the date of the event.Cancellation If the cancellation is less than four weeks before the event the full hire charge must be paid. Please note that childrens party bookings are for a minimum of three hours at a fee of £50
When the whole building is hired a cleaning fee of £25.00 is required (washing up not included) alternatively the hirer clean clean the premises.
- Damage and Breakages
In addition to the booking deposit (25%), For private parties a deposit of £50.00 is required at the time of booking for damage and breakages. If thre are no damage or breakages , the deposit will be returned.
- Responsibilities of the hirer
- Unless the cleaning fee has been paid it is the hirers responsibility to leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition.
- All furniture is to be restored to its original position. Furniture to be moved from one room to another, only by arrangement with the management committee.
- All surplus food and rubbish must be taken away and kitchen left clean and tidy.
- No flammable gases are allowed in the building, ie. Butane, Gas, etc.
- Licensed premises
The whole of the Red House is “Licensed Premises” and therefore subject to the following conditions:-
- Intoxicating liquor to be consumed only during “permitted hours” and for Friday and Saturday bookings until Midnight. Bookings that require the bar are by separate negotiation.
- Hirers are not permitted to bring in intoxicating liquors into the Red House; with the exception of wine, when a corhage fee has been agreed with the manager.
- A Premises License has been granted to the Trust in respect of the Red House by Shropshire Council subject to the following conditions:-
- The volume of sound will be controlled so as not to constitute a nuisance to adjoining residents, nor to tenants of the flat above Please note that all outside doors must be kept closed during functions. If the temperature in the hall is too high ventilation is by the lantern lights automatic opening vents.
- All payments to the bar must be in Cash or Card. If a bar tab is set up it must be paid in advance.
8. General Conditions
- With the exception of weddings and parties (£300 / £225) all other bookings must ensure the time booked and paid for includes sufficient set up and cleaning time. Please note that childrens party bookings are for a minimum of three hours at a fee of £50.
- Any damage to the Trust’s property because of occupation by the hirers shall be made good by the hirer.
- The Trust accepts no liability for loss of goods left on the premises.
- The hirer is responsible for insurance against injury or damage claims, if caused by their own negligence.
- If outside caterers are to be brought in for a booking they must have relevent health and safety certificate, food hygiene certificates and must be fully insured.
- If a door keeper is required, this must be at the hirer’s expense: any door keeper used must be licensed. The hirer must ensure that no one is admitted to the function after 10.30pm.
- Only bona fide persons attending the function can be served at the bar. On no account must anyone be admitted simply to purchase drinks from the bar. Persons under the age of 18 years must not consume alcoholic drinks anywhere on the premises.
- Hirers of events for children must provide the minimum number of adults stated below, who will attend the event and be responsible for adequate supervision and to ensure that the hiring rules are complied with.
|Up to 25 children
|26 to 50 children inc.
|51 to 75 children
|76 to 100 children inc.
|101 to 125 children
|over 126 children.
Please note that childrens party bookings are for a minimum of three hours at a fee of £50.
- Bouncy castles can be used for children’s parties providing the dimensions do not exceed 15′ x 15’x 6’3″ height. The Trustees requires that everyone using these premises will accept as his/hers responsibility, the need to prevent misuse of the furniture, fittings etc., so that all can enjoy for many years ahead, the excellent facilities are provided by the hard work of local voluntary workers over a long period of time.
- The Trustees requires that everyone using these premises will accept as his/hers responsibility, the need to prevent misuse of the furniture, fittings etc., so that all can enjoy for many years ahead, the excellent facilities are provided by the hard work of local voluntary workers over a long period of time.
- There is no parking provided at the Red House. At no time must the access road be blocked. This is a condition of hire that there will be unrestricted access for emergency vehicles for the Red House and adjoining retirement homes.